8.14.2006

Back home

My trip North on the Dalton was a success. It rained for two days striaght, but I came away with solid images. I did nothing but drive, shoot, and eat (while driving). Good trip all in all.

Dea and Pella had rain here all weekend too. The weather today was perfect though- mid 70s. We were both able to get out for a run (Dea) and a bike (Me).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dea and I hiking with the dogs in the rain on Sunday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Getting some quality tripod time at the pipeline. This access road runs along almost the entire 800 miles of the line. I hiked this stretch for six miles or so where the line zig zags up a hill where I could shoot a good section. I'm not sure the what would have happened if I ran onto a worker out there. I was struck by how vulnerable the line is.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was my view for much of the time.

I'll post more images after my final edit for Matter.

No comments: