12.12.2006

I had the most amazing phone call last night. Dr. Clausen is the head of chemistry department here at UAF, some of you might know him, he is the professor consulted in the book Into the Wild. That is not the amazing part though, yesterday his wife called me on the phone. I have never met or even seen her before. She says " so I here you might need a kidney and surgery is no big deal, you go to sleep, wake up and it is over..." at first I am like this lady is nuts, but of course at the same time I think that she sounds just like me (about the surgery part). It was the most surpising phone call, we chatted a little while and she ended with "I'm as serious as a heart attack, you call me."

Seriously, I have the greatest life. I am lucky to have so many generous and caring family and friends. Some I know well and some I barely know at all. Anyway the whole thing just blew Ben and I away and I thought I would share the story. -Dea

No comments: