3.10.2007

Big Kidney News

Hi All. Last week we heard some very big news. Roger's (ben's dad, my father in-law) test results came back from Mayo and he has a negative cross match. This means he can potentially donate a kidney. He still has to go to Mayo Clinic for an evaluation and we are hoping it all goes well. I was beginning to think we would not find a donor at all and I even scheduled my permanent access surgery in anchorage(for dialysis). We will now hold off on that and hope we have a transplant instead. Of course it is not for sure yet, but I am very grateful that Roger is going through this for me.

In other news, It is finally warm here, around 11 below this morning and now 2 above. Ben and I headed out for a skate ski the University and the trails were great. Here is Ben getting his climb on.

We had a great sushi dinner last night too with Sarah, Greg and Julie. it was typical hysterical Fairbanks style dinner. It took over an hour to get the food, the wrong food arrived and then the right food arrived. No clean glasses or something so beer out of the bottle...the sushi was good and the waitress didn't quit while serving us. The new standard for a good night out.

It is spring break this week for school, so I have more free time without my labs and class. We hope to get out and go on some good ski trips with the warmer weather and daylight.

No comments: