1.18.2009

Colorado Creek Cabin

ben and crew starting out our 14 mile ski into Colorado Creek Cabin in the White Mountains. we had the most unbelievably warm weather for Jan. in AK and the trail was a little icy. Pella has not been on a trip since our 50 below Tolovana ski and she was loving it! Ann arranged this cabin trip, it was her birthday..so we had a little party too. It was a big trip for me, the first one without a catheter in my neck. Ben did not have to carry my gear, I was able to carry a backpack and push my skiing. I can not imagine living somewhere you could not do this stuff every weekend!
Tina and Fernie near the start of the ski.
this is the view from Colorado Creek Cabin!
the four girls getting ready to ski out and onward. Tina and Ann were heading farther into the white mountains to another cabin and another 30 miles. Kat, Ben and I came in and out the same 14 mile trail to the cabin.
Ann is wearing the purple and yellow pimp hat, Kat drug the hat all the way out here..among other things.
Ben dealing with four girls having a birthday party and talking about relationships. he did read us the Cremation of Sam McGee, a classic.

Pella and I skiing out today.

No comments: