4.05.2009

Transplant Update, back to AK for a few days!

I flew home to Alaska on Friday. Ben, Ed and Trevor met me at the airport. It is so great to be home. Trevor's kidney is working great, but I still have antibodies against it. Currently I am on an infusion every week/ every other week to prevent the antibodies from attacking the kidney. I do have to fly back to Mayo for the infusion week 7 and week 9. I am going to try and "commute" from Alaska to Mayo during those weeks and fly back so I do not have to stay there for 3 weeks. I also fly back in May for my 3 month check up. Thanks to everyone for the great support and frequent flyer miles. Also to my mom who has been my caretaker at Mayo for 5 weeks and flew me home to Alaska until my next treatment. My parents and family are just great and I am so thankful for their support.

Ben and I on the Chena River yesterday. It was a beautiful long sunny day in Alaska.

of course i really missed Pella too!

1 comment:

Stef said...

hay dea! such great news! i've been checking your blog, and facebook and stuff to see how you were doing. i'm so happy things are going well thus far! you're such a champ, and i really admire your courage. i can't wait to hear more good news!! talk with you soon.