5.30.2009

Sailing in Chicago

After Mayo this week, I went to Chicago for the weekend to visit my family for my nieces baptism. We were able to put the top down on my dad's mustang and take my first ride in it downtown to sail on the boat.

Jeff, Jen and I riding the tender out to the can, where the boat is docked in Monroe Harbor. This is the harbor right in front of Buckingham Fountain downtown Chicago.

Jen and Jeff are recently engaged and getting married next summer in Chicago. It was great to catch up with them and talk all about the wedding!

Dad and I on the bow of the boat before we raised the sails.

Dad inspecting the new furling jib sail. Jeff at the helm.

Dad and I taking off the main sail cover.

use the wench on the main halyard, raising the main sail.
Jeff sailing us into the sunset over Chicago. It was great night to be out on the water.

The skyline at night. Jen used my camera in night mode to get this shot. Nice work Jen.

of course sailing is not complete without Taylor Street stuffed pizza, just down the street from Jeff and Jen's place.

No comments: