8.23.2010

Windy Creek - Fall

Bill, Ben and I did Windy Creek packraft trip on Sunday. It is a favorite day trip to really get out and paddle some easy rapids. It was a beautiful fall day with only a few showers later on.

All the leaves are changing, the leaves were all green a few days ago when we picked berries here.

This was Bill's first packraft trip, but he has navigated many rivers in a canoe and it was not a problem at all.

Bill and Ben negotiating the river.

The river was still high enough for another run before the snow fall in a few weeks. Though, where the Windy Creek tributary entered the Jack River was barley floatable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love reading about your hiking/rafting adventures. It makes me itch to get out to Alaska myself (with my dog, of course), though for now I just have to be satisfied with the coastal Mediterranean pine forests in which I live.

Thanks for being awesome :)