6.14.2007

back from Anchorage

Ben and I are back from Anchorage. It was quite the trip. The surgery to replace my infected catheter went pretty well at first and we left to get some coffee, Titlewave books and shopping....the usual for a trip to Anchorage. All of a sudden my incision swelled up huge and starting bleeding all over the place! Ben drove like a mad man back to the hospital and I ran back to the surgery area. They were prepared though and had me sedated in no time flat while they fixed everything. It was a little crazy, but on the bright side they gave me these free pair of scrubs. So here I am in my hospital scrubs at around 10pm at Denali National Park(it is about a 6 hour commute from the Anchorage Hospital to Fairbanks). We stopped for coffee on the way home late last night. I am little sore and swollen today, but not too bad. I think after this Ben is ready for whatever happens during the kidney transplant!

No comments: