3.09.2009

Gift of Life Transplant House

Trevor came down from Minneapolis today for a final visit. Ben and Trevor leave tomorrow to fly back to Fairbanks. We had a great lunch feast after our blood draws and meetings today. I have not had a day off yet from the hospital, but I think soon I will. My labs looks great, but they have to monitor closely now my rejection med levels. This is because my immune system is really suppressed with high dosages that need to be adjusted daily. This may take up to 8 weeks! I will be still be here for awhile before transferring the blood tests to Fairbanks where I still start out with at 3 days a week. This is a long time to stay away from home and work. This is made so much easier by staying at the Gift of Life Transplant House. There are also an entire group of positive cross match transplants here and we are all doing well. Mayo and Gift of Life give real hope to us "special" cases that no other hospital in the country will do transplants on.
Ben made these great salads today with goat cheese, pear and salmon!

1 comment:

m|w said...

that salad looks reeeaaaaallllll gut!