6.28.2005

JT loves porta-johns...

Dea and I had dinner with JT, Sue, Tark, and Beth last night. I've tried to quantify it before- trying to deal with hanging up my wheels. It's hard to explain but there is a bond that is born during races. I have missed the long training rides in the mountains with these guys, the laughs and jokes about nothing in particular, the conversations that can only be had after five hours in the saddle. Although things are a little different since I stopped racing, I count JT and Tark as two of my best friends. I regret that I will miss Tark and Beth's wedding and watching Leah grow up. Historically I have not been the best at keeping in touch with friends that are separated by great distances, but I will not lose track of these guys and their families...too much fun to still be had.


JT has a seriously creepy love of porta-johns- there are roughly 600 eateries and stores in a one mile radius at Flatirons, and JT finds the only porta john...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: