6.27.2005

Sunday with Shane and Constance

I'm sitting at Amante this morning with Pella, writing a list of all the things I need to do today..and the rest of the week. It's nice to be back in town with all of my creature comforts. The farm was excellent- the most relaxed I've been in quite a while. Jen and Brad's place almost feels like home as well, because we've spent so much time there the last couple of years. Five more days until we are out.

We dropped Dea's parents at the airport yesterday afternoon. It was really nice having them in town, we all had a great time. We laughed a lot...and, of course, Wanda cried when they left. Hopefully we will see them again, relatively soon, in Alaska.

Dea and I had dinner at Constance and Shane's last night. They live only a few blocks from our (new) temporary home, and we were able to ride our bikes- amazing how little things like that make me so happy. It had been a while since we had been at their house- they have done such a great job with renovations. Every corner is spotless, and meticulously detailed, and modern. Their backyard looks like a botanical garden! We were really impressed with the work Shane has done- he may be getting some calls from me if we buy a place in Fairbanks.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Constance made wonderful homemade pesto.

No comments: