8.14.2008

Gift of Life Transplant House

I am finally out of the hospital today and moved into The Gift of Life Transplant House. It is a great place offered to transplant patients at Mayo Clinic. I was really sick in the hospital and was unable to even blog! It was a rough week and now I am back to just chemotherapy and bone marrow biopsies. It is really expensive to stay somewhere for this many weeks away from home and it is so great to stay at the gift of life, it is run by sisters and on donations. I have to have a caregiver while I stay here so my mom is here with me. I still sure missed Ben during my last treatment and surgery, but he flew back to Fairbanks because if this treatment is successful we will need more time off for him. all this means I will be spending many weeks in Rochester , MN. I am in room 23 and the info. is on the website. Thanks for all the calls and emails.
My Aunt Irene and Uncle Ken were in to visit today and I had a good day. we shopped and here at the plaza in front of Mayo Clinic, which is all of downtown Rochester. Tomorrow I have a heart probe thing that I get put under for, yet another time!

4 comments:

Eero said...

It sounds pretty scary.

Good luck and good health to you.

E.

JBoston said...

Hey Dea, can I have your mom's phone number? I would love to be able to call her and check in....I hope you are feeling OK. I love you, Justine

Unknown said...

Dea,

I've never met you, but know of you through some mutual friends, and your journey, and strength through this are a true inspiration of human spirit. I wish you the best of luck and will be donating to the Gift of Life Transplant House on your behalf.

ben said...

Jason,
thank you so much, that is a truly touching gesture.