8.02.2008

headed to Mayo Clinic today!

last night we had a quick drink at Lavelle's and of course jumping pictures down by the flooded Chena River. Ben and I are flying to Mayo Clinic in a few hours. I am undergoing an intense IV infusion treatment over the next few weeks. It is complicated and involves two bone marrow biopsy surgeries because it is a bone marrow cancer drug. I am a little scared, but this is our only option to have a kidney transplant. After two years of dialysis, I am ready to get this show on the road. Thanks to the Fairbanks crew for all their support and we will blog from the Mayo Clinic. Since this is a new treatment for kidney patients, we are not sure what is going to happen, but they said it is "not fun". I am hoping to rock this treatment, just like meditation intervals :-)
Lisa and TrevAH dare devils crossing over the caution line as the river heads up the side walk here in downtown Fairbanks.

3 comments:

Julie said...

GOOD LUCK DEA!! You will rock this! :-)

Chad said...

happy thoughts to you from Boulder...!

Interests said...

Best wishes from D.C to you guys...Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out for you Dea. Best of luck!