2.28.2009

Out for a walk

Trevor came to visit today he was released Thursday. He is doing and looking great. Ben has of course been here the whole time supporting. The surgery was really tough, 8 hours instead of 3! I lost a lot of blood and had to have blood transfusion during surgery and for days after. We had some other surgery complications with my arteries, but everything has worked out great. My creatine, measure of toxins in the blood, is 1.7 today. This is really amazing considering we also had antibody cross match numbers. I still have to under go a treatment this week and kidney and bone marrow biopsies for the next few weeks at least. Everything looks good so far. Trevor is on his back to Minnapolis on Sunday and I already had my first tbone moment so we will see what happens with his kidney! Thanks for all of your support. I should be out of the hospital by Tuesday and back to the Gift of Life Transplant House. www.gift-of-life.org 705 Second Street SW Room 24.

2 comments:

Sarah Petitto said...

WOW, you both look AWESOME!!! I wouldn't believe that Trevor has major surgery just a few days ago! Nice to see you up and moving around. You had your first T-dog moment, you need to give more details than that! Guess Fairbanks needs to get ready to 2 T-bones now? All that dancing and martini drinking! Whoa!

Leslie said...

you two are so amazing! Keep up the good work healing, peeing, and all the rest!!